Explore Engineering Programs
Explore all of the UA’s 15 Engineering majors and gain a better understanding of what it means to work in various fields.
- Design a cardboard canoe, and keep it afloat in a race against your peers.
- Visit a greenhouse made for the moon.
- Create an electronic circuit.
- Test your aerodynamic skills in the UA subsonic wind tunnel.
- Use a mining simulator to operate equipment.
- Tour the Steward Observatory Mirror Lab.
- Visit the Flandrau Science Center.
Week 1 (featuring NeuroBytes!)
June 10-15, 2018
Incoming ninth- and 10th-graders (students who have completed eighth or ninth grade)
Week 2 (featuring a 3-D-printed car!)
June 17-22, 2018
Incoming 11th- and 12th-graders (students who have completed 10th or 11th grade)
Incoming 11th- and 12th-graders, and graduated seniors
Investigate specific disciplines associated UA Engineering majors by exploring four cross-cutting themes of the Grand Challenges for Engineering as defined by the National Academy of Engineering. Discover how engineers are working to solve some of the world’s most difficult problems.
Week 3: Engineering and Sustainability
June 24-29, 2018
biology, environmental science, bioproducts, renewable energy, controlled environment agriculture, water treatment and reuse, mineral processing and sustainable mining operations
- Biosystems engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Mining engineering
Week 4: Engineering and Health
July 8-13, 2018
medicine, medical devices, healthcare, drugs, biosensors, cancer detection and treatment, materials for synthesis, processing and fabrication
- Biomedical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Materials science and engineering
Week 5: Engineering and Security
July 15-20, 2018
computer technology, data systems, cybersecurity, Arduino programming, circuits, and optical fiber technologies
- Electrical and computer engineering
- Optical sciences and engineering
- Systems and industrial engineering
Week 6: Engineering and the Joy of Living
July 22-27, 2018
machines, robotics, aerodynamics, aircraft and spacecraft, infrastructure, construction, structural engineering and design
- Aerospace engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
2017 SEA Campers Do Engineering
Separate online registration is required for each camp session a student plans to attend. As part of the online registration process, a series of informational and consent forms must also be completed.
Online Registration Links and Deadlines
- Week 1: Deadline to apply May 27
- Week 2: Deadline to apply June 3
- Week 3: Deadline to apply June 10
- Week 4: Deadline to apply June 24
- Week 5: Deadline to apply July 1
- Week 6: Deadline to apply July 8
Important Note: If completing and submitting the forms while registering online is difficult, you may also download the Required Registration Forms Packet and email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore Engineering Programs: $675, plus non-refundable service fee
Themed Programs: $775, plus non-refundable service fee
- $100 non-refundable deposit paid upon registration
- 50 percent of total payment due four weeks before camp begins
- No refunds if cancellation is within two weeks of camp start date
|Date Due||Upon Registration||13-May-18||27-May-18||27-May-18|
|Date Due||Upon Registration||20-May-18||3-Jun-18||3-Jun-18|
|Date Due||Upon Registration||27-May-18||10-Jun-18||10-Jun-18|
|Date Due||Upon Registration||10-Jun-18||24-Jun-18||24-Jun-18|
|Date Due||Upon Registration||17-Jun-18||1-Jul-18||1-Jul-18|
|Date Due||Upon Registration||24-Jun-18||8-Jul-18||8-Jul-18|
To be considered for a partial scholarship, please complete the online scholarship application. Applications are evaluated by a selection committee, and scholarships are granted based on demonstrated financial need and student essay responses.
Scholarship applicants must first complete the online registration, including all required forms and payment of the $100 deposit.
Scholarship applications close on April 1, 2018. Award letters will be emailed to recipients during the week of April 15, 2018.
Contact Lori Huggins, SEA director, at 520.621.8103 for further information.
Camp Job Opportunities
Join the SEA team! Current UA students passionate about STEM outreach are encouraged to apply online.
Apply Today for Open Positions!
Due by Feb. 5, 2018
Due by Feb. 19, 2018
Due by Feb. 19, 2018
Due by February 28, 2018