The Ultimate Challenge
All Engineering students take design courses and complete design projects. That’s one big reason recruiters consider our students work ready. The majority also participate in the UA Engineering Design Program.
Interdisciplinary teams of four to six seniors collaborate on industry-sponsored projects in the fall and spring semesters of their final year as part of the Design Program.
Teams design, build and test tools and technologies in areas ranging from aerospace to electronics and from energy to medicine. The projects are anything but pie in the sky – although many do involve flying objects!
Seniors make discoveries in wind tunnels and at mines, manufacturing and wastewater treatment plants, wildlife preserves and medical labs; and with some of the world’s largest telescopes.
Save the date!
Design Day 2017: Monday, May 1
Sponsor a Design Project!
- Talented and motivated engineering seniors spend the academic year working on your prototypes, to your specifications, and with the results becoming your intellectual property.
- Explore new technologies
- Move products and ideas to market
- Test-drive future employees
- Boost your company’s profile
- Many of our industry partners also mentor senior design teams, serve as judges, and award prizes on Design Day.
- For more information, please visit the UA Engineering Design Program website, email Ara Arabyan or Heather Moore, or call 520.621.3647.
Engineering Design Day 2016
“The Senior Design Program is the ultimate proving ground for our students, and an unparalleled opportunity for employers and the community to see what our students, with industry partners, can achieve.”Jeff Goldberg, Dean
“Few colleges match the systematic level of industry involvement seen in the UA Engineering Design Program.”Ara Arabyan, Program Director
“Two students on the design team I mentored were hired by their sponsor, Raytheon, to continue their project on developing robotic technologies for the Navy after graduation.”Greg Ogden, Professor